There are positive reasons and negative reasons why we would want someone to become a Christian; things that would be good for that person and things to avoid. Here are the positive reasons, the negative are the flip side of each of these. Some of these a Christian will only know imperfectly now, but will know perfectly in the new creation. We can use these as we pray for others.
These aren’t in any order of priority.
1. They will be forgiven and not face God’s anger at their rebellion against him.
2. They will be adopted into his family as his sons and daughters, knowing him as their heavenly Father.
3. They will have the gift of the Holy Spirit living in them, experiencing the presence of Jesus Christ.
4. They will experience the power of the Holy Spirit in them enabling them to break the hold of sin over them.
5. They will become part of the family of God, belonging to the global, and a local, church, experiencing fellowship.
6. They will live to bring God glory.
7. They will have eternal life, being with God forever.
8. They will know satisfaction in God.
9. They will have a clear conscience.
10. They will have a purpose in life.
11. They will have hope for their future, whatever their circumstances are now.
12. They will know God’s creating, saving, Fatherly love for them.
13. They will know the truth.
14. It pleases God!
15. They will be able to pray, to talk with their heavenly Father.
16. They will have confidence in the promises made to Christians in the Bible.
17. God’s Kingdom will grow.